Reports Outstanding Results on Independent NicoBloc Study
The average stay at The Center is 3 to 4 weeks, so we do not have the ability to track a
patient’s long-term progress beyond their stay. Yet 3-4 weeks is a sufficiently long
enough time to be able to track meaningful data and note hard data and trends.
The Center completed data on 19 patients (17 female, 2 male) that participated in the
NicoBloc program for 3 or 4 weeks over a 3-month period: 8 used NicoBloc for 3 weeks
and 11 used NicoBloc for 4 weeks.
- Average age was 29.4.
- Average age when they started smoking was 18.9.
- #1 reason given for wanting to quit was health, followed by family.
- After 2 weeks, all 19 patients cut cigarette consumption by an average of 19%.
- After 3 weeks, all 19 patients cut cigarette consumption by an average of 36%.
- After 4 weeks, the remaining 11 patients cut cigarette consumption by an
average of 59%.
These results were about double what we had expected and included some amazing
results and individual success stories:
10-a-day smoker quit completely in 4 weeks (100%)
43-a-day smoker cut down to 12 in 4 weeks (72%)
45-a-day smoker cut down to 15 in 4 weeks (67%)
35-a-day smoker cut down to 12 in 4 weeks (66%)
25-a-day smoker cut to 12 in 3 weeks (52%).
Note that the two heaviest smokers reduced their normal consumption by 30 cigarettes a
day. The “worst” success experienced by a 4-week program participant was a 33%
reduction in their daily intake. That is astonishing and demonstrates the effectiveness of
the NicoBloc program to help smokers wean themselves off cigarettes. The secret to the
program’s success is allowing smokers to continue to smoke while the NicoBloc liquid
gradually reduces the addictive nicotine into the smoker’s body. Over time, their body’s
craving for nicotine diminishes, reducing the compulsion to smoke.
The Center completed data on 14 patients (8 female, 6 male) that participated in the
NicoBloc program for 3 or 4 weeks over a 3-month period.
- Average age was 33.4.
- Average age when they started smoking was 16.1 (1 patient’s age started N/A).
- 9 patients “Liked” the product and 3 “Kind of Liked” the product.
- The #1 reason given for wanting to quit was health, followed by fear.
- After 2 weeks, patients cut their cigarette consumption by an average of 35%.
- After 3 weeks, patients cut their cigarette consumption by an average of 50%.
- After 4 weeks, patients cut their cigarette consumption by an average of 63%.
2 patients completed the six- week program. One quit completely and one reduced their
smoking by 79%.
5 of the 14 patients stopped smoking. One in week 3, three in week 4 and one in week 6
an average quit rate of 35%. By comparison, the average quit rate with NRT products
and prescription drugs is 6-8%. The 8 patients that stayed four weeks but did not quit
reduced their smoking by 51%.
Individual Success Stories:
24-a-day smoker quit completely in just 2 weeks
22-a-day smoker quit completely in just 3 weeks
60-a-day smoker (3 packs) quit completely in 4 weeks
12-a-day smoker quit completely in 4 weeks
12-a-day smoker quit completely in 6 weeks.
24-a-day smoker cut down to 5 in 6 weeks (79%).
30-a-day smoker cut down to 10 in 4 weeks (67%).
Dr. Gregory Jantz is the Founder of The Center • A Place of HOPE in Edmonds,
Washington. Founded in 1985, The Center is a dually licensed chemical dependency
and mental health facility treating clients using a whole person approach to treatment.